At Owens Elementary School, we encourage students to be present
100% of the time. When absences do occur, parents should send
a note in a timely manner stating why their child was
absent and indicate the date(s) the child was absent.
Feel free to use the
Owens Elementary School Absence form to communicate the reason
for your child's absence.
considered excused for the following reasons:
1. Illness of the student: The parent must send a note stating
their child was sick. There is a limit of 10 days per
school year for parent notes.
2. Medical or dental: Documentation required from the
doctor/dentist's office. Faxed excuses are accepted at (256)
233-8025. Follow up with your child's teacher to make sure we have
received the excuse.
3. Death in the family: Parents must send a
4. Quarantine: By
order of the Limestone County Health Department - attach
5. Religious holidays: Prior approval by the principal
6. Court summons: Proper documentation must be
attached to the parent note.
7. Principal approved absence: Approval from the principal
must be obtained before the absence.
Unexcused Absences (but not limited to these
Not sending a note
Just sending a note stating the student was not at school without a
Car would not start
Missed the bus
Alarm did not go off
Other sibling was sick