Guidelines for Returning to School after Illness
Please observe the following parameters for returning your child to school if your child is ill or if you are called to pick your child up from school due to illness:
- Fever less than 100 degrees without fever reducer.
- No vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours.
- If prescribed antibiotics, return to school only after student has been on antibiotic for 24 hours.
- If student has had a surgical procedure, do not return to school until narcotic medications for pain are no longer needed.
- Keep student home for severe sore throat, excessive cough producing phlegm, severe headache, earache, stomachache or any illness with which the student is unable to eat/drink/sleep or otherwise carry out their normal school activities without pain or discomfort.